£1 from every hamper we sell is donated directly to Bath Foodbank!
Our official charity partner is Bath Foodbank, run by Genesis Trust, who provide emergency food parcels and other essential support for people in need in the local community. 1 in 5 people in the UK now live below the poverty line, and Bath Foodbank’s support has been more crucial than ever during the COVID 19 pandemic.
At Taste of Bath, we know how incredibly lucky we are to enjoy foodie treats as a regular little luxury. To make sure we never lose sight of that, we’re proud to support Bath Foodbank on a regular basis, by donating £1 for every single hamper we sell. This money helps to fund emergency food parcels and other essential services for people in need. We provide more information on a postcard we include with every hamper, explaining how we partner with Bath Foodbank and where the money goes.
Our donations also support a project we have helped to set up alongside Genesis Trust and Bath Children's Literature Festival - the Bath Bookbank! This service gives away new books for children and adults, completely free, at Bath Foodbank's three drop-in locations.
As well as donating £1 for every hamper sold, we donate all our excess stock to the Foodbank, and use our mailing list and social platforms to raise awareness about ways our customers can support this cause - make sure you sign up to our newsletter here to find out more. Thank you for helping us to support local people in crisis!
We also love to run bigger one-off campaigns every now and then! In the past we have…
- Run a campaign in partnership with Swoon Gelato, to donate ice cream vouchers for kids in need to enjoy during the summer holidays – find out more here
- Supported the Foodbank’s Christmas Gifts Appeal 2021 with £200-worth of vouchers for Christmas toys
- Donated boxes of our favourite Salted Caramel Truffles to the Foodbank for Mother's Day, so that anyone who'd love to get their Mum a little something but might not be able to afford it could pick one up - find out more here
Feel like getting involved?
- If you’re one of our lovely business clients and you’d like to find out more about supporting the Foodbank, including volunteering opportunities for your team, get in touch and we’ll point you in the right direction
- If you run a local business and you’d like to chat to us about a collaboration to support the Foodbank, we’d love to hear it!
- If you’re a local resident, as well as supporting our campaigns you can also donate directly to the Foodbank – click here for a list of local donation points